These are the Terms and Conditions which apply when buying online groceries from bearfacedgroceries.co.uk.
Please read this agreement carefully.
These represent the Terms and Conditions for using this service. If you do not agree to these, then you may not use this Website.
You are permitted to use our Website solely on the basis of these Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to update and/or revise these Terms and Conditions. Please check periodically for changes.
If you have any questions relating to these Terms and Conditions please contact our Customer Care Team by email or through our Live Chat facility.
- Grocery registration and contract
- 'Bearfaced' means Bearfaced Groceries a trading style of Fresh Grocery Direct Limited, a company registered in England & Wales under company number 09567814. ‘You’ are the customer. You agree to purchase services and goods from Bearfaced subject to these Terms and Conditions which will apply to all transactions using our grocery service.
- By registering for this service you agree that the details provided by you on registration, or at any time, are correct and complete. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details. You must give us your real name, address, phone number, email address and any other details that we may require to process your order.
- Your email address is essential in order for us to be able to supply you with important information such as order confirmations, and changes to the service. By registering with our grocery service, you accept that your email address may be used to supply you with such information.
- It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. We reserve the right to modify or withdraw a password at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to:
Decline a new customer registration or suspend or terminate a customer’s account at any time and at our sole discretion.
- At our absolute discretion to terminate your access to all or part of this service with or without notice.
- We will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the goods after the contract has been concluded. Otherwise, our liability to you shall be limited in contract and/or tort to the value of the order only, unless we have been negligent and that negligence has caused death or personal injury.
- Grocery pricing, payment and images
- The prices shown on this Website at the time of ordering are guide prices. They are the selling prices that day at the time at which your goods will be selected. You accept that prices of goods may, therefore, increase or decrease between the day of ordering and the day of delivery. This will not affect the price you pay. The price you see advertised on the website will be the price you see when you add the goods to your basket and check out.
- All weights of goods are approximate.
- Images for all products are for illustrative purposes only and may not exactly reflect the product that you will receive. If you have any questions with regard to this, please contact our customer services department.
- Where applicable, prices include Value Added Tax. The prices on the website reflect the current rate of VAT.
- Supply of grocery goods ordered
- Where you have purchased food or drink products from our website and you are in doubt as to whether they are fit for consumption, you MUST contact our customer service team immediately and MUST NOT consume the items in question. This could be where you feel the products are not of the quality you expect, indicated by, for example, an unusual colour or smell or where you feel the packaging may have been tampered with.
- Goods will not be supplied for the purposes of resale, and are only supplied for your own use as a consumer. We reserve the right to refuse orders including those that we consider are for commercial or non-domestic purposes, or subject to onward delivery by a 3rd party. Where products are used for non-domestic purposes we exclude (to the fullest extent permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
- Food goods are supplied at the temperature appropriate to that food.
- Goods are subject to availability and prevailing market conditions. If any goods you wish to purchase are not available they will not be delivered to you. We will make all reasonable attempts to contact you and advise of this prior to delivery of your goods. Please note we will not to attempt to deliver substitute products should selected products be unavailable. (with the exception of Fresh Fish where a suitable alternative may be sent if there have been issues with the catch).
- Although we take all reasonable care to ensure that recipe and additional nutritional information appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the information was inputted onto the system, the information appearing on this Website at any time may not reflect the exact position at the moment you place an order. Customers are advised to check product packaging for nutritional information and allergen warnings before consumption, as product information is subject to change after publication of the recipe.
- Ordering of multiple or bulky grocery items
- Orders for more than 12 units of a single product line may be fulfilled subject to availability and at our discretion. Other limits may apply to alcohol or other products and these will be advised at the point of sale on our Website.
- Quantities of goods supplied per order may be limited if the order limits availability for other customers or creates a potential health and safety issue for our courier drivers.
- Placing a grocery order
- The minimum order value on any grocery order is £25.00 Orders under £80.00 will be charged a delivery fee of £4.95 (some areas may be excluded or weekends delivery tariffs may vary). Please check the Delivery section on our website for further details.
- Bearfaced reserves the right to amend delivery fees at any time without notice.
- Grocery special offers and E-vouchers
- From time to time, we may provide you with e-vouchers, which may be redeemed by you against a first or subsequent order. E-vouchers can be used only once, in accordance with the instructions detailed on the e-voucher. Those instructions form part of the Terms and Conditions.
- E-vouchers cannot be used in respect of goods ordered after the expiry date - see e-voucher for expiry date. E-vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash. E-vouchers are non-transferable.
- E-vouchers can entitle you to either money or a percentage off a particular product and/or in some cases a free product or service. The voucher will state which product or service it applies to, the saving you may make, the e-voucher code and the e-voucher expiry date. Products are subject to availability while stocks last.
- E-vouchers made available to you on the website will state an expiry date. To use the e-voucher you must place an order by this date.
- E-vouchers shown on bearfacedgroceries.co.uk can only be used on bearfacedgroceries.co.uk and may not be used on any other website. All e-vouchers are subject to these terms and conditions and any other specific conditions notified on the voucher or at the time of issue.
- Each e-voucher code may be used once only per customer and/or once per delivery address. Unless otherwise stated an e-voucher may be used only by the named recipient, it may only be used as stated on the e-voucher and not in conjunction with any other offer or e-voucher. E-vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash, gift vouchers or delivery charges (except where stated). We reserve the right to refuse a coupon on transactions including alcohol we consider are excessive and/or are for commercial or non-domestic purposes or subject onward sale or delivery by a third party.
- From time to time we may offer first time customer e-vouchers. Only one first time customer voucher may be used per customer per household. Minimum qualifying spend limits and exclusions will apply. A first time voucher may not be used if you or your household have already used a first time customer offer and we reserve the right to reject your order.
- An e-voucher may state a minimum order value after any discounts or e-vouchers have been deducted.
- Your use of an e-voucher indicates your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Bearfaced reserves the right to withdraw or terminate any e-voucher at any time. Bearfaced reserves the right to refuse to accept the use of an e-voucher if fraud is suspected.
- Amending or cancelling a grocery order
- Unfortunately, changes to your order may not be made once the order has been placed and payment taken.
- Should adverse weather conditions or any other event outside our reasonable control result in a later or cancelled delivery, we will contact you as soon as possible to re-schedule your delivery. All alternative delivery dates are subject to availability. Should you incur any loss as a direct result of such a delay our liability to you shall be limited to the value of the order only.
- Grocery delivery restrictions
- We will deliver to the address specified by you when you checkout your order. If you amend delivery details at checkout you will need to re-book a delivery slot. You may subsequently amend delivery details via ‘my account’.
- We reserve the right to restrict or refuse delivery requests in certain areas at any time and without notice.
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of the goods, at this time we are unable to deliver to the Scottish Offshore Islands, Northern Ireland & the Channel Islands. We also do not deliver beyond the United Kingdom. We are also unable to serve the following postcodes: HS, IV, AB (except AB16, AB21-25), AB30, AB39, PA (except < PA19), PH (except < PH3), KA27-28
- If there are no instructions to leave the parcel in a nominated safe place, you or someone aged 18 or over on your behalf must be available to receive the delivery.
- We operate a ‘Think 25’ policy on all products containing alcohol. If the person receiving the goods looks under 25 we will request proof of age. We may retain the goods if proof of age or an alternative adult is not available.
- Our delivery service
- Our chosen courier partner is DPD
- Our couriers will always deliver your order to the front door of your house or to the communal entrance to your block of flats, unless they are advised of an alternative safe place. Please see our Delivery information section for further details.
- Our delivery service does not include a detailed check of your shopping. However, if you have any queries, please contact our customer service department by email or via the Live Chat facility immediately after your delivery has taken place.
- If your delivery is to a work address, we will always deliver to the ground floor communal entrance of your business’ building. If the delivery is refused for any reason we reserve the right to charge for any re-delivery. If the items are fresh goods which are chilled for transit, re-delivery may not be an option and the goods will be destroyed and no refund offered. Please see Delivery Terms for more information.
- Where you have stated a safe place for your parcel to be delivered, Bearfaced shall not be liable should these products not reach you or should they be tampered with. Once our nominated courier has confirmed delivery to the nominated safe place, or your specified address, the delivery process is complete and the risk in the goods passes to the customer.
- Grocery returns
- After the goods have been delivered, you have the right, except for the excluded items listed below, to return goods and/or faulty goods in line with the Bearfaced returns policy. Our returns policy extends your right under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which permits the return of most goods ordered online within 14 days of purchase to 28 days.
- Unless of poor quality or faulty, it is not possible to return baby food and milk or any perishable food and drink.
- Any refund due will be credited to the purchaser’s card within 3-5 working days. The delivery charge will be refunded only where the entire order is returnable (eg does not include perishable food) and the entire order is returned within 14 days. If returned items were part of a promotional offer or vouchers used, the amount refunded may be reduced.
- The refund shall be made to the debit/credit card which you made your purchase with.
- Where you claim that any of the products purchased have been damaged or lost in transit we will require proof of the damage before a refund or replacement is offered. This may be photographic proof or other forms of proof which we determine acceptable.
- Where is is stated that items have not been delivered or a delivery has not been made we must be notified within 48 hours of the stated time of delivery, or we will not accept any liability for such an occurence.
- Contact us about groceries
- We welcome feedback. Any customer comments should be addressed to the Bearfaced Customer Care Team – you will find an email link on our website in the "Contact Us" section or you may contact us via the Live Chat facility on the Website.
- If we communicate with you by telephone, please note that some telephone calls may be recorded for training and security purposes.
- Grocery privacy and general provisions
- Your personal details may be used by Bearfaced for market research and statistical analysis. We would also like to contact you occasionally with details of products, services and special offers that may interest you. To do this we will look at the information provided by you and details of products you buy. If Bearfaced acquires or develops other businesses the data may be used by the new business in a similar way. By registering with our grocery service, you accept that your email address may be used to supply you with such information. Customers wishing to change this can do so by visiting the ‘Contact permission’ area in 'my account'. Bearfaced will always keep your data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will only use your mobile phone number to contact you about your shopping order.
- These Terms and Conditions and the documents produced in accordance with it comprise the entire agreement between you and Bearfaced regarding each grocery order which concludes in a contract. English law is the governing law of each contract.
- Bearfaced reserves the right to alter or withdraw the grocery service at any time, to refuse the service to any customer and to amend these Terms and Conditions and the 'Help' section of this Website. If we make any changes to these terms, we will let you know as soon as possible by posting the changes on our Website and updating the date below.
- We suggest that you print off a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your future reference.
- Company details
Registered address: Fresh Grocery Direct Limited (trading as Bearfaced Groceries) Optimum House, Clippers Quay, Salford, M50 3XP.
Registered number: 09567814 England.
VAT number: 212 864 420.
DPD is our chosen courier partner. They will be responsible for the safe handling of your grocery box from the moment it leaves our warehouse until it arrives at your front door.
One of their drivers will attempt to deliver your order on your chosen delivery at the selected time.
DPD will send an email to you shortly after your delivery has been placed notifying you of your 1 hour delivery slot.
Our top quality insulated temperate controlled boxes are made from a highly reflective foil that reflects 97% radiant heat. Providing they are not opened, they will remain below 5°C for up to 48 hours so your food will stay perfectly cold. However we aim to deliver your products in 24 hours from dispatch.
You are able to monitor the progress of your delivery online at the DPD Website
You will just need the consignment number which will be on the email sent to you by DPD. The website will tell you the location of your driver and where you are placed in the delivery sequence.
SPECIAL DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS
When you place your order you have the option to write a special delivery instruction for the courier at checkout so that they know what to do if you are not available to receive your order. This is the easiest way to ensure you get your order on time. This may include leaving your order in a safe place or with a neighbour, providing it is not visible from the road and not exposed to weather conditions affecting the packaging.
In the event that an incorrect delivery address is provided and your order is accepted by someone else we cannot be responsible for any losses you may incur as a result, for example, theft, tampering, contamination or consumption.
DPD deliver between 7.00am and 7.00pm - if you are not going to be at home/work when your delivery is scheduled then you must leave instructions as to where the parcel may be left (with a neighbour/in a stated safe place etc). Failure to do so may result in non delivery and you may not be entitled to any refund for the goods if they are not delivered to you as a result of this.
Special Promotion T&Cs -
Use Of Coupons
Affiliate referral discounts and rewards cannot be used in conjunction with any money off or percentage discount coupons. The system is designed to remove any discount coupons if an affiliate link is used.
50% off and 4th Box Free
*The 4th Box Free is redeemable by a voucher to the value of 50.00 which will be emailed to your given email address following successful purchase of your 3rd order above the minimum value. A purchaser's second and third orders must be of a minimum value of 50.00. Normal delivery prices and supplements where appropriate apply (free delivery over 80.00). The maximum discount value is 75.00 on all orders. Alcohol may not be included in the free box however may form part of the 2nd, 3rd order purhase value. Alcohol may not form part of the initial 50% off or the free 4th order value and where the minimim of a 50.00 order is required this value of order is to be 50.00 exclusive of alcohol to be eligible for this promotion. The voucher code will be rejected if this is not the case. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw this promotion at any stage. This offer is for new customers only who place their first order via the website.