Basil Chicken with roasted peppers
By Debra Lindsay
- 2 chopped red onions
- 1 each red, green and yellow pepper chopped into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 medium tomatoes halved
- Garlic spray oil
- 2 finely chopped chicken breasts
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp of dried Basil or small handful of fresh chopped Basil
- Place all vegetables, tomatoes and garlic on a baking tray
- spray with garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in medium oven – Gas 6 for 30 mins.
- Remove half of vegetables, all of the tomatoes and garlic and blitz these with stock, puree, allspice and celery salt until smooth.
- Spray frying pan with frylight, sauté chicken until browned.
- Add remaining whole vegetables and stir for 2 mins.
- Add blended veg and reheat until bubbling, add Basil, reduce heat and simmer for 20mins or until sauce has reduced slightly.
Serve with rice or pasta – a truly delicious dish!