Slimmers Cauliflower Fish
By Debra Lindsay
- Onion peeled and chopped finely
- Leek, trimmed and chopped finely
- Garlic cloves peeled and chopped finely
- Cauliflower made into Cauli rice
- Courgette grated with liquid squeezed out
- Free range eggs beaten well
- Coconut flour
- Fat free cottage cheese
- Zest of an unwaxed lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Capers drained
- Dried parsely
- Fat free greek yoghurt
- Juice of lemon
- Fresh ground Salt and pepper
Cauliflower Fish Method:
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Pre heat oven to gas 7
- Spray a non stick frying pan with frylight and add leek, onion and garlic.
- Fry on a low to medium heat until softened
- Mix together with remaining ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Use a heaped tablespoon per 'fish' and shape in your hands into fish shapes and arrange on the trays.
- Spray generously with frylight and bake in the oven until golden brown.
Serve with Tartare sauce. The original recipe gave instructions for making your own and although I did – tweaked slightly for convenience I wasn't keen when I tried it at first but when I tried it with the 'fish' it remarkably works, here is what I used.
Tartare Sauce Method:
- Finely chop capers – I used a mini chopper. Add remaining ingredients into a bowl. Mix thoroughly and season with salt pepper