PUMPKIN, CARROT AND CINNAMON SOUP
By Positively Jessica- Jessica Ward
- Sauté the onion in some coconut oil until soft and golden brown (the smell of onions cooking is amazing!).
- Once the onion is caramelised, add in your spices and garlic and stir together.
- Add your vegetable stock, salt and pepper and your vegetables – (carrots and pumpkin).
- Leave to cook/steam on a low heat for 2 hours, or until the vegetables are soft. Stir as you go and make sure to check it every 2o minutes.
- Once everything is cooked and well combined together, allow this mixture to cool and then blend to your desired consistency. I used a NutriBullet for this process and it transformed the soup into a creamy texture, it was beautiful.
- You don’t have to blend this soup! You could leave it as a vegetable pulp and eat it with some rice, quinoa or on a potato.